In the realm of ‘effort versus taste’… these muffins can easily be classified as divine. In your average well-equipped kitchen you’ll already have most of the ingredients needed for this recipe. If you plan on making impromptu cupcakes again, I’d suggest keeping flour, baking powder, brown sugar and vanilla essence handy. Most households will always have eggs, milk, salt and butter anyway. That way all you’ll need to get last minute is nuts/chocolate/fruit. The first thing you’ll need to do is lay everything on a table and prepare utensils for measuring – in this case a cup and measuring spoons (or a tablespoon and a teaspoon).
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used white)
- 1/2 cup nuts of your choice; crushed (I used pecan nuts, but you can easily defrost any of your ex boyfriends from the freezer)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter (check that it is suitable for baking); melted (microwave for a few seconds)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar; firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Once everything is laid out you preheat the oven to 200c.
In large bowl, combine flour, chocolate chips, nuts, baking powder, and salt.
In small bowl, blend milk, melted butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla; add to flour mixture.
Scoop into your cupcake tray (very good buy) and stick them in the oven. They need about 20 minutes or so. You can check them with a toothpick – if it comes out dry or nearly nearly almost dry, then they’re ready. Let them cool if you manage to resist.
Then … SHARE! 🙂